Wednesday 9 December 2015

Favourite Films of 2015

It's that time of year again..

The five films I've chosen this year are all very different. Topping the list is Alex Garland's debut feature Ex Machina, winner of 4 awards at last weekend's BIFAs.

Here are my top 5 films of 2015:

Ex Machina (Alex Garland)
Amy (Asif Kapadia)
Birdman (Alejandro González Iñárritu)
Aaaaaaaah! (Steve Oram)
Inside Out (Pete Docter, Ronnie Del Carmen)

..and the best five old films that I saw for the first time in 2015: 

Wake in Fright (Ted Kotcheff)
Cabaret (Bob Fosse)
Far From the Madding Crowd (John Schlesinger)
Singin' in the Rain (Stanley Donen, Gene Kelly)
On the Waterfront (Elia Kazan)

And I would like to give an honorable mention to Roar, the 1981 film by Noel Marshall that took him 11 years to complete and featured 150 wild animals. I saw this for the first time screened at a city farm by The Bristol Bad Film Club and it was the most insane film I have ever seen in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment